The Child First Aid course is a 22 hour (2.5) days program designed to equip participants with the knowledge to carry out critical life saving techniques and procedures during an emergency involving infant and young children.
Participants will be trained to provide first aid in medical and trauma emergencies in infants and young children using a systematic approach to build confidence and ensure maximum effectiveness in life saving efforts.
Topics covered include
- Principles and Practice of First Aid
- Respiratory Disorders in a child / infant (including choking)
- Circulataory Disorders in a child / infant (including CPR)
- Management of an unconscious child / infant
- Skin injuries
- Heat Disorders in a child / infant
- Common illnesses in children
Classes are kept small with a favorable trainer to trainee ratio to ensure maximum hands on practice for each participant. Participants can be assured of minimal “waiting around” time with our training methodology.
Participants will be required to sit for a theory and practical assessment for all the modules. Upon successful completion of all requirements, an National First Aid Council (NFAC) accredited certificate will be issues.
Lentor Training Centre
Vertex Tower B
33 Ubi Ave 3